Coast Communications and Public Affairs is a boutique corporate communications and public affairs firm started in 2017 that provides full service public relations to clients. Visit coastcomms.ca for more details on our work, clients and the team. The position would be work from home at this point with periodic team sessions and client meetings.
This position is a full-time permanent position for an up-and-coming professional with experience in corporate communications, ideally in a consulting environment.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are committed to a career in public relations/corporate communications/public affairs. You have excellent writing and research skills and exceptional time management skills and are always on top of your to do list: that list may have 10 items, but you do 11 and report back on status throughout. You have a 100% focus on details You are detailed oriented and find satisfaction in making things just right. You have hustle, are curious and want to learn. You like working as part of a team, but are confident and accountable when working independently. You take feedback maturely and with a growth mindset.
You come with a good sense of humour and are enthusiastic to join a close-knit team of staff and associates who love to collaborate with each other to deliver excellent results for our clients.
- Research potential clients
- Manages own tasks, tracks against project critical paths
- Updates client critical paths
- Engages in vendor relations, including with printers, venues, food and beverage providers, etc.
- Produces and revises documents in PowerPoint including: editing, SmartArt, icons and layout
- Uses Mail Chimp to assist in the development of Coast Communications and/or client newsletters including:
- Inputs content including blog posting and invitations
- Uploads, manages and maintains lists
- Reviews metrics and provides advice on impacts of content distribution
- Assists in development of social media plans for clients
- Develops client social media editorial calendars
- Provides social media reports with analytics
- Research and develops social media posts
- Develops simple graphics using Canva or other tools for client social media content
- Research media outlets, helps build media lists
- Research and edits stakeholder and invitation lists in Excel
- Assists in crises by monitoring media, developing written material
- 4 – 6 years of experience in corporate communications
- Consulting experience is an asset
- Advanced office computer skills and troubleshooting, including all Microsoft products
- Experience in social media, web, including managing and/or updating websites and developing digital metrics such as Google Analytics and social channels
- Advanced copy editing and document formatting experience and familiarity with CP Style Guide
- Well-organized, able to work with deadlines and manage multiple projects at once
- Natural interest and engagement in “issues of the day” and media coverage of those issues
- Commitment to the corporate communications profession and learning best practices, principles and techniques
- Very strong organizational skills including working on multiple projects at once
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, outgoing and confident but committed to a learning environment where there is frequent coaching and feedback
- 24/7 availability to assist in a crisis
- Undergraduate/or diploma/graduate degree in fields such as: liberal arts, English, political science, public relations, communications, business/commerce, journalism
To submit a resume and cover letter plus references, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although the deadline for applications of Friday, September, 9th, we plan to start interviewing ideal candidates right away. Position would start immediately.
For more information about Coast Communications please visit coastcomms.ca.