Coast Communications is hiring a Senior Consultant to join our growing team.
Coast Communications and Public Affairs is a boutique corporate communications and public affairs firm started in 2017 that provides full service public relations to clients. You will be joining a intimate team of professionals that work closely together in a fast paced and dynamic environment. We provide a competitive total compensation package including extended health benefits, bonuses and more.
The position would be work from home at this point with periodic in-person team sessions and client meetings.
This position is a full-time permanent position for an experienced corporate communications professional with experience in a consulting environment.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have excellent writing and research skills and exceptional time management skills and are always on top of your to do list: that list may have 10 items, but you do 11 and report back on status throughout. You have a 100% focus on details. You are detailed oriented and find satisfaction in making things just right. You have hustle, are curious and want to learn. You like working as part of a team, but are confident and accountable when working independently. You take feedback maturely and with a growth mindset.
You come with a good sense of humour and are enthusiastic to join a close-knit team of staff and associates who love to collaborate with each other to deliver excellent results for our clients.
- Maintains very high level of awareness of broad business and government community
- Strategizes on potential projects for new businesses targets
- Meets with new business clients as part of a team
- Helps develops proposals including service offerings and budgets, with supervision
- Oversees research
- Builds client relationships, particularly with primary working contacts
- Drafts first drafts of portions of strategies
- Quality controls all documents from staff going to clients
- Supervises and mentors staff
- Monitors own budgets and develops billing summaries for clients
- Develops and updates critical paths
- Assists in the development and updates of event plans
- Develops and updates roll outs and critical paths
- Manages creation of invitation lists
- Supervises onsite guest relations
- Supports event set up
- Supports event onsite (i.e. manages onsite speakers, manages vendors)
Editing, Writing, and Materials Production
- Supervises and/or finalizes copy edits documents
- Develops presentations in PowerPoint including summarizing strategic approach/outline, writing, editing, SmartArt, icons and layout
- Writes materials including brochures, web copy, hand-outs, engagement booklets and boards, newsletters, reports, etc.
- Provides art direction advice, manages graphic artists on projects, including review of materials and confirming content updates
- Supports development of social media and video products
Issues Management and Crisis Communications
- Writes up key messages for issues and crisis with direction
- Assists in development of issues/crisis plans
- Writes crisis communications plans
- Supervises media monitoring
- Advanced knowledge of Canadian media landscape
- Existing relationships with media
- Assists in development of media plans
- Supervises development and maintenance of media lists
- Pitches media
- Leads development of social media plans for clients
- Supervises and/or develops social media content for clients including written and graphic (Canva)
- Develops small paid social programs
- Supervises social media analytics reports
- 6-9 years of experience in corporate communications
- Consulting experience a considerable asset
- Considered a seasoned political, communications and/or business practitioner with initial relationships in BC in communications, business and stakeholder community and commitment to further developing them
- Keen interest in business practices of a consulting agency and a willingness to learn
- Natural interest and engagement in “issues of the day” and media coverage of those issues
- Commitment to the corporate communications profession and learning best practices, principles and techniques
- Advanced office computer skills and troubleshooting, including all Microsoft products (note: if this is not the case the candidate may be required to upskill on their own time)
- Experience in social media, web, including managing and/or updating websites and developing digital metrics such as Google Analytics and social channels
- Flawless writing skills
- Advanced copy editing and document formatting experience and ability to edit in CP Style Guide
- Exceptionally well organized, able to work with deadlines and manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, outgoing and confident but committed to a learning environment where there is frequent coaching and feedback
- 24/7 availability to assist in a crisis
- Undergraduate/or diploma/graduate degree in fields such as: liberal arts, English, political science, public relations, communications, business/commerce, journalism, social sciences.