COVID-19 — What You Need to Know: April 24
- 29 new positive cases since April 23
- 1,853 total positive cases in B.C.
- 96 people are currently in hospital, 41 are in ICU
- 4 new deaths for a total of 98 deaths total
- 1,114 have fully recovered
Recent Government Announcements:
- On Thursday, April 23, Prime Minister Trudeau announced an additional $1 billion in funding towards COVID-19 research and vaccine development
- Today, April 24, the Prime Minister announced a rent relief program for small businesses impacted by COVID-19 of up to 75%
- This support will be provided from April-June and will be offered through forgivable loans to commercial property owners
Applications for the B.C. Emergency Benefit for Workers open on May 1
- B.C. residents will be deemed eligible if they are currently receiving EI or CERB
- The B.C. Government has announced ongoing cooperation with internet service providers to further enhance access to internet in rural and Indigenous communities
- This comes from a surge in demands in these areas during the COVID-19 pandemic
- A second B.C. poultry plant outbreak has been announced, the second poultry plant outbreak is said to be connected to the initial one
- The City of Vancouver is seeking donations of items such as: bottled water, disposable cutlery and take-out containers for those in need and without homes. You can donate through the City of Vancouver's donation portal, "Give a Hand Vancouver"
Deloitte and Salesforce recently partnered to create an infographic package for business leaders regarding the upcoming economic climate. Their COVID-19 Insights for business leaders can be accessed here
Coast Communications, Kirke Consulting and CyberSC joined forces to create a special edition of the COVID-19 Updates, featuring issues related to cyber attacks, privacy breaches and crisis communications during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Head to our COVID-19 Updates Page in case you missed it!
Coast Communications and COVID-19
We have been supporting clients to plan for and manage internal and external communications since before the first case of COVID-19 was diagnosed in B.C. If you need issues or crisis support related to the COVID-19 pandemic or other issues, call us at 604.767.0207. For more information visit coastcomms.ca
Employee Communications COVID-19 Report Card
COVID-19 Has Pushed Us to Recognize the True Value of Internal Communications
COVID-19 — What You Need to Know: June 5
COVID-19 — What You Need to Know: June 2
COVID-19 — What You Need to Know: May 28
COVID-19 — What You Need to Know: May 26