COVID-19 — What You Need to Know: April 16
- 14 new positive cases in the last 24 hours in B.C.
- 1,575 total positive cases in B.C.
- 120 people are currently in hospital, 56 are in ICU
- 2 new deaths
- 983 have fully recovered
- One inmate from the Mission Institution has died, the first to die in a federal correctional institution
Click the image below to get up to date information and numbers on COVID-19 cases nationwide.
Recent Government Announcements:
- Prime Minister Trudeau continues to ease up on CERB eligibility requirements. Those who have run out of EI, who work seasonally or part-time all can apply for the CERB
- Federal Government announces commercial rent assistance for the months of April, May and June
- The Province of B.C. has extended its state of emergency by another two weeks
- The Province of B.C. has launched Here2Talk, a new online mental health resource for post-secondary students
- "We are not 'on the verge of bankruptcy'" Vancouver mayor Kennedy Stuart clarifies as he acknowledges Vancouver's current financial state
Coast Communications and COVID-19
We have been supporting clients to plan for and manage internal and external communications since before the first case of COVID-19 was diagnosed in B.C. If you need issues or crisis support related to the COVID-19 pandemic or other issues, call us at 604.767.0207. For more information visit coastcomms.ca
Employee Communications COVID-19 Report Card
COVID-19 Has Pushed Us to Recognize the True Value of Internal Communications
COVID-19 — What You Need to Know: June 5
COVID-19 — What You Need to Know: June 2
COVID-19 — What You Need to Know: May 28
COVID-19 — What You Need to Know: May 26